Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

New Baby Gift - Vest

A friend has become a father!  So, yeah I decided to make a baby gift!  Many thanks to Katy for giving me some cream t-shirting and printing the pattern out for me as our printer decided to have a sulky fit!


The pattern is this one from Shwin and Shwin.  They aren't kidding about the jersey for the edging though!  The quote is Tolkien, it seemed appropriate for a new little one.  In case anyone is wondering, no I didn't hoop or stablise the fabric before embroidering.  I just free stitched it using my fingers to slightly tension the bit I was working on.  It's habit formed before I knew you could stablise for embroidery...


It was a really fun make and I am now wondering about running up another one, for the next small person I'm aware of making their way into the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!