Pages

Monday 4 January 2016

Crafting over the Holidays

Whilst I've mostly spent the last two weeks spending time with family and friends I did also squeeze a little crafting in!

Firstly, my amazing husband got me pompom makers for Christmas!  These things are genius!  Perfectly round fluffy pompoms every time and even the biggest one takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish.

So, whilst we watched Call the Midwife I put this little snowman together!


He still needs arms, but I wasn't in the mood to go twig hunting and I lack pipe cleaners!  Other than that I am very much in love with him.

I have also made a table mat to be a centre piece of future Christmas tables.  I embroidered the centre during our last table top session, then on Boxing Day I made the dresden plate block.  The day before New Year's Eve I managed to quilt it all and on New Year's Day I finally bound the edges!


























The binding is not the neatest, but I'm still quite pleased with it and it does look nice on the table!  A make to be enjoyed for years to come I hope.

My last holiday make has been edible and lots of fun!


Wonderful husband also got me a chocolate mould so many chocolate buttons have been consumed!  I hope you've all had a lovely couple of weeks!  From here on in the next few weeks are likely to be what I spent December sewing, as I'm mostly going to be spending my free time spring cleaning my house with a view to doing it up a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!