Pages

Monday 26 October 2015

Introducing Ossia - Part 2

As I said last week, Ossia also has a cape and robe, for her warm layers.


This is her sleeveless over-robe.  It's very, very warm!  I made it out of upholstery suede and lined it with faux fur scraps from various projects (some generously donated by Xanthipe).

























As you can see, I flat lined it, then stitched the panels together!  The pattern is a modified Simplicity 2359.  I gave it a fur edging by making all my fur panels too long, folding them over the edges and stitching them down on the outside.


 In case you are wondering, the tail buttons on so I can make sure it's attached to the outer layer of whatever I am wearing.  It works surprisingly well!  Despite vigorous running, fighting and jumping around all larp it didn't come loose at all!


This works brilliantly as a way of staying warm and cosy, but in case of rain and cold upper arms I do also have a cloak that I will show you on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!