Pages

Thursday 16 July 2015

Garden Days

Whilst crafting is happening here, at the moment a large chunk of my time is also being taken up by the garden.

My tiny little pocket of land is an over abundant producer of berries right now.  I have gooseberries, raspberries, cherries and blackcurrants currently and the apple tree is already laden with apples which ripen steadily.  So I pick and I pick.  I spend most of the evening hours, watering, picking and snipping at the plants as I wander in the cooling air.  It's lovely!

A typical day's harvest looks like this





The blackcurrant crop is the best we've ever had, so I've been busy using my strainer


And turning the resulting juice into


I need more practise, but the way the crop is coming on I shall have lots of opportunity!  See you next week with some sewn things, as a new little one has come into the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!