Pages

Monday 8 June 2015

WIP Revisited


Just over a year ago I did a post on a few WIPs lurking around my house.  That post can be found here.

Since then I have kept working on all of them, but the one I want to update you on today is the crochet blanket.  Last time I showed you it, it looked like this


I have ummed and aahed about this blanket as I've worked on it and I finally came to a decision on my birthday.  I am going to make it big enough to cover a double bed and then it will be my camping blankie for snuggling in on cold evening when larping.


As you can see, I've managed to make it a fair amount bigger since last year!  So much so that I'm confident it'll be in use by autumn as I'm really enjoying crocheting this.  Clearly chunky yarn and a big hook is the way to go!












I am also enjoying the randomness of the colour as it's been bought one ball at a time since I ran out of stash (ok, 2 balls at a time since I got to the longer rounds).


I'm thinking another 4 rounds and some kind of edging should do it.  So keep watching this space for more progress!


1 comment:

  1. That's very cool. I like that it's just "this colour until I run out of it, then the next one that comes to hand."

    PJW

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for dropping by!