Pages

Thursday 5 February 2015

An Embroidered Cushion

Over Christmas I relaxed by doing this embroidery.





It's done in a variegated rayon thread and I simply back stitched it.  I must find more time to embroider, because I love it so!


Of course once I'd finished I had to work out what to do with it.  Luckily, I've been planning to recover my cushions for a while now.  So it became a cushion cover! 


I backed it with a floral fat quarter I had left over from other projects and added ribbon for a little extra prettiness.  The back is a simple envelope of a gold-y yellow upholstery velvet.

I have now been asked to stop recovering the cushions as Mr Kit says they are all too pretty and he is now afraid to sit on them.  So we've kept two of the old ones so he has cushions he's not afraid of crushing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!