Pages

Monday 19 January 2015

Quilted Table Runner

Ok, so not my usual style of sewing at all, but this Christmas present was surprisingly good fun!  I used the length and width of the table to work out the size of the runner.  Then picked out fabrics that I thought would appeal and cut them up.


Once I'd sewn all the strips together I decided I wanted it a little bigger, so I added a plain cotton border. The back is also a plain cotton, green but I failed to take a photo.


The middle is quilted with a free motion wiggle and then the edge has a wiggly line and a loop in each corner.  The bias binding is a satin one that I felt provided a nice contrast.


I really enjoyed making it and I've got plans for a table runner of my own now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!