Pages

Monday 3 February 2014

Herdy Rucksack!

For the past month or so I have had a slight keenness of knitting.  This is the end result!


This is the completed result of a kit I as given for Christmas.  It has been a real challenge for me to make.  I do not find knitting easy.  That said I have learnt 'dimple stitch' how to do mattress stitch, how to purl together throw back loops and all sorts!


Every mistake was carefully, painfully unpicked and redone.  But I'm so pleased with the rucksack I think it was worth the effort!


I thought a bag that took so long and was so hard to make deserved a special effort for the lining.  So on the lining I added a pocket with a slight bit of embroidery.



This is my sheep embroidery - it's french knots and satin stitch.  It took me a fair while to do, but, like the bag the end result is worth it.


And here's a pic of the inside.  It's not a big bag, but it fits everything I need and I love it so much!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Have used it for the last week and I love it more everytime I use it!

      Delete

Thank-you for dropping by!