Pages

Thursday 3 October 2013

Hand embroidered Bag

Yet another birthday gift!  Today I am showing you a small bag I made for my friend.  I used applique, hand embroidery and tried to not over embellish.


 The bag is made from and lined with cotton and the tree trunk is also cotton.  I made the dangling leaves by bondawebbing some of the red and brown cotton scraps together and machining veins on to it in leaf shapes.



 The leaves on the tree are lazy daisy stitches, one inside another in a variety of thread colours.


 The strap is adjustable (my first ever adjustable strap!) and the bag closes with a metal snap. 


Next week I hope to show off a collaborative project I worked on as a special welcome to a very young lady who has just made it into the world!

2 comments:

  1. Oh weeza that's beautiful!! you will have to explain me how you did the adjustable strap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post! I must thank you for this informative read. I hope you will post again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for dropping by!