Pages

Thursday 24 October 2013

A Quartered Ghillie Shirt

One of the more interesting things I have been asked to make.  In game our soldiers uniform is described as quartered green and black.  Normally people go for a tabbard over the top of their shirt, but Tirithon Dhospar is apparently a character to cut out uneccesary fabric layers!


The shirt is made of cotton, has brass cuff buttons and black eyelets (It was run up in something of a rush otherwise it'd have black buttons as well).  The lace is cotton tape.


I used Butterick B4486 as my pattern, having first made a quartered panel for the front and backs to be cut from.

I was having a lot of fun with the quartered idea, so I made the rest of the shirt on that them, hence th different coloured sleeves and plackets.





Have a great weekend!  Next week I am hoping to show off some knitting I've done!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!