Pages

Thursday 29 August 2013

Seeker Who?

I started my new character for the year on Sunday!  Little different for me this year as due to having volunteered (I'm mad, I know I am) to co-GM this years campaign I decided to a) start my new character early and b) start her at rank 10 (new characters can start anywhere between ranks 2 and 10).

She's a flouncy, flouncy freedom priest with no name and no knowledge of her past life hence only being known as Seeker (the title given to freedom priests in our system).


 The kit is mainly made from scraps.  The coat fabric is the left overs of the Merida dress (a coat wool being used for an actual coat!).  The lining was bought some years ago for something I didn't end up making and the silver trim is from the doublet project!  The buttons were new though.


 
The hat is my very first attempt at hat making and I'm quite pleased with it for a practice piece.  The pattern is one a friend of mine made and I used the last of the buckram my gran gave me covered with corduroy.  Important hat making tip - corduroy is not the best fabric for this! 


 The hat is trimmed with a ribbon from my stash that I think came off a box of chocolates and some peacock feathers I got in a charity shop haul ages ago.




 It's lined with the same lining as the coat and has a herringbone tape band to tidy it all up.


Last but not least, I ran up a very quick unlined bag to store my notebook, water bottle and sandwich!

So there we go.  Seeker looks to be a lot of fun and the kit was a nice easy make for the most part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!