Pages

Thursday 11 April 2013

Random Odds and Ends

My camera charging cable has vanished so it's going to be random odd stuff until I can locate it.  It's also the reason I didn't blog on Monday.  Too busy looking for it!

I hand made most of my Christmas presents last year.  Sadly, I was so busy sewing I forgot to take pictures of most of them, but here's a couple I did photograph!


This is an apron I made for a friend who does a lot of cooking.  Actually, a lot of my friends got aprons (as did my husband!) but this is the only one I remembered to photograph.  It's made of the softest cotton and I learnt a new thing with it as I learnt how to make my own bias binding.  It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be.


 This is a tiny doll replica of another friends larp character, Captain Hel.  I worked on getting as many details accurate as I could, but there are surprisingly few photos of Hel so it was mostly from memory!  The armour is tiny scraps of upholstery leather, the top is inside out chinese brocade and the poncho is green jersey scraps, luckily in the same fabric as the actual poncho!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!