Pages

Friday 1 March 2013

Little Things

Dear me, it has been a while hasn't it?  Life got a bit hectic round here and more than a little stressful at times, coupled with an unusual number of colds meaning there's been little time for blogging. 

Still, here I am again!  Today I am going to show you some little pouches I have made whilst I continue sorting through all my makes, working out what I've not put on here yet!


This is a little drawstring pouch I ran up for Eirlys out of her leftover dress fabric.  It might become an IC meal bag, it might never be used by her, it might become part of her regular kit.  I don't know really, I just hard an urge to make it! The outside is embroidered taffeta and the inside yellow satin.  The ribbon is satin and all the stuff came from my stash.


 This is a coin purse that I got in a free kit with my Mollie Makes magazine.  I was really pleased as I've been wanting to try making one for ages!  Turns out that I am no very good at them as the making involves more gluing than sewing.  Glue and I do not mix, so after a lot of swearing and stuck together fingers I called it done but I'm not overly impressed with the result.  Still, at least now I know coin purses aren't for me!


I made just about everyone I know a zip bag for a Christmas present this year and in doing so I made myself sad because I wanted one, but I just didn't have the time in December to make it!  So, to celebrate some good news this week I ran this one up!  It originally had fawn coloured velvet ric-rac trim where the brown trim is, but I didn't like how it looked, so I unpicked it and tried again and I'm much happier with the result!

It's made with green taffeta (I love taffeta..), which is scraps from my birthday steampunk skirt, brown trim which I think is left overs from my gold victorian ballgown and a little bit of a very lovely lace that I believe was part of a birthday present one year!  The inside is lined with brown lining fabric, scraps from something!

Next week I have my newest (and prettiest) pacthwork quilt to show off and some of the things I made as Christmas presents.  Until then, have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!