Pages

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Yet Another New Coat!

I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm just rubbish at blogging in summer.  Not sure why, but I'm not going to worry anymore.  Expect posts as and when they appear!

Also - I would like to say a huge thank you to the anonymous commenter who said such kind things.  You really did make my day and put a smile on my face.  Do let me know if you have a go at the padding, won't you?

And now - back to business.  I made a new coat for Esme, which rocked out at the 36hr a few weeks ago.  I'm told the full kit looked pretty impressive (I may have been wearing LED lights as well, so cool!), but I don't have any photos.  When the videos appear I promise I'll try to link to them!



 As you can see from the rather pretty background we took these photos on a beach.  Rumours that later in the evening I fell asleep on the beach and then said daft things as my friends tried to wake me are...  Entirely true.  Oops?


 The coat is Butterick pattern 5425.  The outside is blue corduroy and the lining white fleece (never again.  Never, ever, ever!). 



I'm not entirely happy with the fit, it's a little too tight across the shoulders and one day I'll work out how to fix that.


The pattern was fairly easy to understand job, but for some reason my heart wasn't in it and it took forever and I thoroughly disliked sewing it.


The buttons are one of my favourite details and I love the little back belt!




As far as I can remember I have two birthday present commissions to show you all and my beloved husbands waistcoat and cravat. So with any luck I'll be back in the not too distant future!

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget trying to wriggle away from the awful people who were trying to wake you and then faceplanting into sand. And then staring at the beach like it had done you wrong.

    Best not forget that. I know I won't.

    PJW

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for dropping by!