Pages

Thursday 10 November 2011

Going Off Topic Slightly...

The weather here is so dreary at the moment.  Grey and wet, no sunshine and it's all a bit blargh.  So I thought I'd show you some pictures I took in the summer when my Mum got a group of friends and family together for a little craft project.




Do you remember my post on the fan making course I went on?  Well we all though making more fans could be fun.  But first you need the stuff to make fans, most importantly the pleaters.  So we got together and made a set each.  There were several false starts but all in all it was a very pleasant day.

Hard at work



One half of a pleater before it got pleated!
A finished set


My Gran, drawing the fold lines on
My mum, also hard at work!


It took a lot of patience and accuracy to measure and fold them, but we persevered (well...  I may have had a small knitting break) and managed.  Next years task?  Learn how to make fan handle sticks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!