Pages

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Huzzah!

A very late post today, sorry!  But the good news is the second robe is done!  And looks awesome, if I do say so myself :)

Ta-daa!  24 hand stitched buttons...
It's a fairly simple looking robe and it was quite interesting to sew.  What you can't see is that it has a scarlet sleeveless lining.  It looks as though the sleeves are lined, but that's a sneaky addition I put in the cuffs.

The red piping detail is hand stitched, as were the buttons, but luckily the button holes were machined (and Katy is a star for lending me her machine when mine had a hissy fit!).

I love the piping, it really makes the robe!
The robe is straight at the front, but had three pleats in the back, so it is manoeuvrable in.

The pleats in detail (sort of...)

I love pleats, and I'm always pleasantly surprised by how awesome they look!

The rear view :D
So yeah, that's it really.  Now I'm going to go get some sleep, as by Thursday I hope to have finished a skirt, waistcoat and pair of trousers.  I think I'm mad...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by!