Monday, 11 December 2017

Dressing Up Wings

Sorry about last week's lack of blogs - it was a manic week and I had no time for anything!

Have a quick pic of some dress up wings I made for my most geographically distant pseudo niece!


They're a fleece base and cotton layers and are held on by elastic straps.  Apologies for the lack of photos, I've been a bit poor on photographing recently due to aformentioned busyness!

Thursday, 30 November 2017

Tiny Larp Kit Part 2

So...  I showed you Lizard's warm dress and the first of her pinafores last time, so here's the other pinafore and her cool dress.


Once again, all photos taken by talented Katy Page


This dress is also made from a modified version of this pattern.  I added tiny sleeves, a collar and a zip up the back.  It's made from a remnant piece of gingham and trimmed with a pick shell button, pink satin ribbon and brown lace.


The pinafore is made from white cotton and trimmed with pin tucks, broderie anglaise and ribbon roses.


 It closes on the back with purple buttons.


 In exciting news about Lizard's shoes, a new pair of these has been procured in the correct size!  I can't wait to see her in them again!


Such a little cutie!

Monday, 27 November 2017

Baby Blanket

I had a craving to make patchwork and a friend needed a blanket for a new baby in his family, so this blanket was born!


The patches are various cottons from stash.  It has a fleece back and a satin binding.


The name and duck outline are appliqued and it's quilted in the ditch.


Quite happy with how it turned out!

Thursday, 23 November 2017

Hat for Ossia

As I can't wear a hood when in Ossia's antlers, I made a hat to keep my head warm instead!


I used this pattern, but on bigger needles in chunky yarn, as I have a big head!


The antler headband pokes though the knitting beautifully and it keeps my head super snuggly!  Very pleased with it and longing to play Ossia again as a result.

Monday, 20 November 2017

A Very Victorian Vampiric Masquerade...

We had a ball at our Vampire larp last month and not only did I make myself a dress but I also made one for the GM!


The pattern is Simplicity 7026, made in white taffeta and purple crinkled taffeta.


 The bodice is trimmed with satin and organza ribbon and it has lace and ribbon rosebud trim.


 I'm quite pleased with it!


Here's a pic of both of us in action (so you get a sneak peak of my frock too!)


Thursday, 16 November 2017

A Tudor Gentleman

I don't often make elaborate men's costumes but when I get the chance, I enjoy it!

This outfit comprises of three garments that I made, a doublet, jerkin and over robe.


And here is the lovely Gentleman Gamer in his kit.  Doesn't he look dashing?


First up is his doublet, from Simplicity 4059.  I used the short version but added the sleeves, which I modified by not buttoning them up.



It's made of needlecord and lined in lining fabric.  Oh! I also added a mandarin collar!


Next up, we have a jerkin,  This is made from  he same pattern as the doublet.

 

 Aren't those pretty buttons?  I love them!  No idea what fabric this is made from I'm afraid as I dug it out of the stash to colour match the over-robe and it worked so well I ended up using it!


The over-robe is made from wool, has a fake lining of cotton and is trimmed in cotton velvet.  I loosely based it on Butterick B5626, but I drafted my own robe back and front in the end.


I had a lot of fun making all of this and I think he had as much fun wearing it!


Monday, 13 November 2017

Tiny Larp Kit - Part 1

So....   Ages and ages and ages ago, I made Lizard some teeny tiny larp kit so she could match her Mummy on the field.  And goodness me I had so much fun making it!


All photos in this blog post were taken by the fabulously talented Katy Page!


 Tiny Lizard!  This seems so long ago.  (The photos were taken in April I think, I'm rubbish at getting stuff up on time).  Anyhow, this is her warm dress.  It's brown fleece and trimmed with lace.  It zips up the back and is a modified version of this pattern.  I added sleeves and the zip I think.


She had two tiny pinafores to go over her dresses as the theme of her kit is vaguely Victorian.  I say vaguely because we felt it was more important her clothing was easy to get on her and washable than especially authentic.  But I did love making the pinafores!


The pinafore is white cotton and this one is trimmed with white broderie anglaise and baby pink ribbon.  It fastens on the back with rainbow buttons.


I was also responsible for the shoes - Lizards Easter present and I'm so sad she grew out of them!